Some of the links might be affiliate links and, at no extra cost to you, we earn a small commission. See our disclaimer for more info.
Experience a fall wonderland at Pumpkimania for the entire family. Admire the colorful dino-sculptures crafted from East Flanders pumpkins. Plus, be sure to catch the special weekend events at Grand-Bigard Castle Park.
Here’s a short video to get an idea of what it’s like!
There are many pumpkins arranged with a dinosaur theme. You’ll see dinosaur figures crafted from pumpkins, like the T-Rex, Triceratops, and Diplodocus. It’s a cool expo with lots of activities for families on the weekend!
Are you looking for more ideas and events for the weekend?
Join our newsletter!
Buy All Things Pumpkin
You can also buy pumpkins of course at Pumpkimania!
Check out the tent that offers everything pumpkin-related, from teas to jams.
Weekend Activities Line-up
Discover a range of activities happening every weekend!
Looking for more ideas in Belgium with kids? Our supportive community is here to help!
Be there on the weekend! On both Saturday and Sunday, there will be activities such as the Pumpkin-Boat-Regatta, Pumpkin-Weigh-Off, Pumpkin Carving, and Pumpkin Slaughtery.
- Hubbard World Pumpkin Carving
- Date: Fri-Sun, 8 to 10 September
- Pumpkin Regatta “Singles”
- Date: Sat/Sun, 16 and 17 September
- “Brussels Open” Pumpkin Weigh-off
- Date: Sat 23 September (contest) and Sun 24 September (expo)
- Pumpkin Regatta “Teams”
- Date: Sat/Sun, 30 Sept and 1 Oct
- Giant Pumpkin Carving Festival
- Date: Sat/Sun, 7 and 8 October
- Biggest Belgium Pumpkin Soup (555 liter)
- Date: Sat/Sun, 14 and 15 October
- Date: Sat/Sun, 21 and 22 October
- Date: Sat/Sun, 28 and 29 October
- Giant Pumpkin Slaughtery
- Date: Sat/Sun, 4 and 5 November
- Buy tickets here
- Adults (15 years and older): 14 EUR
- Children (4 years and up): 8 EUR
- Season Pass (15 years and older): 25 EUR
- Season Pass (4 years and up): 15 EUR
- 8th September to 5th November 2023
- Open from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Note: Closed on Mondays!
Grand-Bigard Castle Park (close to Brussels)
Address: Isidoor Van Beverenstraat 5, 1702 Groot-Bijgaarden
At Laerbeek there’s a great playground in the forest and a brasserie with a playground for toddlers.
Read more: Laerbeek
Check the map for more ideas and kid-friendly restaurants nearby!
The pumpkin festival at Potironnerie is a great way to welcome fall! Lots of pumpkins and a tractor ride for the kids!
Read more: Potironnerie
Brussels with Kids
Here are the best things to do in Brussels with kids, and where to stay – with practical tips from a local!
Read more: Brussels with Kids
I felt I found gold when I started diving into the Facebook group posts.
Thanks for beeing a real “childhood memories” builder!Cristina O.
Join Our Communities
Are you seeking inspiration, advice, and connections for your family travel adventures? Look no further! We are thrilled to invite you to our helpful and supportive Facebook groups!
🌟 Join us at World Wild Schooling and our other groups by clicking the buttons below! 🌟
All places mentioned above are also gathered on the map!
Indoor and outdoor activities, kids friendly cafés/ restaurants, hotels and more all under separate layers