Ready to dive into a country filled with vibrant festivals, ancient castles, and yummy food? Welcome to Spain! 🇪🇸 Let’s discover the magic of this sunny European nation.
Madrid – The Heart of Spain
Madrid is the capital city, bursting with energy and history.
- Palacio Real: A grand royal palace with lovely gardens.
- Retiro Park: A huge park with a big pond. You can even row boats here!
- Prado Museum: While it might sound grown-up, this museum has cool art that everyone can enjoy.
Barcelona – Art and Beaches
Barcelona is where art meets the sea.
- Sagrada Família: A big and unique church that’s been under construction for over 100 years!
- Park Güell: A colorful park filled with funky designs by the artist Gaudí.
- Barceloneta Beach: A perfect spot to build sandcastles.
Wondering what to do in Barcelona with family? Find cool places, activities, and easy tips to make the most out of your family trip to Barcelona
Read more: Barcelona with Kids
Your taste buds are in for a treat!
- Paella: A delicious rice dish often with chicken, seafood, and vegetables.
- Churros: Sweet fried dough sticks, usually dipped in chocolate.
- Gazpacho: A tomato soup, perfect for hot days.
- Language: People here speak Spanish. “Hello” is “Hola” and “Thank you” is “Gracias”.
- Flamenco: A special type of song and dance that comes from Spain.
- La Tomatina: A fun festival where people throw tomatoes at each other!
Join our Facebook community
World Wild Schooling * Traveling to Spain & Portugal with kids
Seville – Cultural Gem
Seville is known for its traditions and beautiful buildings.
- Alcazar: An ancient palace with stunning gardens.
- Plaza de España: A square with a semicircular building and a canal with boats.
Spain and Portugal 2-Week Itinerary
Discover recommendations from travel experts for the best things to do in 14 days in Spain and Portugal and practical tips to plan your trip.
Read more: Spain and Portugal 2-Week Itinerary
- Costa Brava: Beautiful coastline with clear blue waters.
- Picos de Europa: Majestic mountains perfect for hiking and nature trips.
Tips for Travelers
- Transport: Try the high-speed trains. They’re super quick and comfy!
- Weather: Spain is sunny most of the year, but it’s a good idea to pack a hat and sunscreen.
- Friendly Faces: Spanish people love to chat and are super welcoming to visitors.