Ciao! 🍕🛵 Italy is a land of tasty food, rich history, and beautiful art. Ready to explore?
Rome – The Eternal City
Ancient ruins, gladiators, and yummy gelato? That’s Rome for you!
- Colosseum: Imagine the brave gladiators fighting in this huge arena.
- Trevi Fountain: Make a wish and throw a coin in this famous fountain.
- Vatican City: Visit the big St. Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel.
Are you thinking of visiting Rome? Discover the best things to do in the Eternal City!
Read more: Rome
Best Things to Do in Rome with Kids
Rome, a city where history comes alive, offers a unique adventure for families with kids! From gladiator battles to exploring ancient wonders, here’s a fun-filled guide:
- Colosseum Family Tour: Discover the grandeur of the Colosseum on a family-friendly tour.
- Gladiator School: Step back in time and learn to fight like a Roman gladiator!
- Vatican Family Tour: Explore the Vatican City with a tour designed for families.
And don’t forget the delicious gelato – a perfect treat after a day of exploring!
Discover the best things to do in Rome with kids – from historical sites to pizza-making classes. Don’t miss out on tips for a fun family trip!
Read more: Rome with Kids
Venice – City on Water
Canals, gondolas, and charming bridges. Venice is like a fairy tale.
- Gondola Rides: Float around in traditional boats on the canals.
- St. Mark’s Square: Feed the pigeons and explore the grand church.
Wondering what to do in Venice with family? We’ve got you covered with our guide on the best things to do in Venice, where to stay, and practical tips to plan your family visit.
Read more: Venice with Kids
Cinque Terre – Coastal Paradise
Pastel villages, steep cliffs, and stunning sea views.
- Villages: Visit the five picturesque towns: Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore.
- Hiking: Experience the famous Blue Path, connecting all five villages with breathtaking views.
- Seafood: Savor fresh seafood dishes with a backdrop of the serene Mediterranean.
Are you thinking of visiting Cinque Terre with kids? Explore the best things to do, where to stay and practical tips for your family visit.
Read more: Cinque Terre with Kids
Capri – The Dreamy Island
Azure waters, Roman ruins, and the famous Blue Grotto.
- Blue Grotto: Take a boat ride into this magical sea cave with glowing blue waters.
- Villa Jovis: Walk through the ancient Roman ruins, once the residence of Emperor Tiberius.
- Capri Town & Anacapri: Explore the island’s two main towns with cobbled streets and chic boutiques.
Planning to visit Capri with kids? Discover the best spots for families, where to stay and practical tips for your visit.
Read more: Capri with Kids
Amalfi Coast – Cliffside Beauty
Winding roads, lemon groves, and dramatic seaside towns.
- Positano: The iconic cliffside town with cascading colorful houses.
- Limoncello: Try this delicious lemon liqueur native to the region.
- Amalfi Cathedral: Visit this majestic church that dominates the town’s main square.
Lake Como – Alpine Elegance
Crystal clear waters, majestic villas, and the backdrop of the Alps.
- Villa del Balbianello: Discover the grandeur of this historic villa, a popular filming location.
- Bellagio: Often referred to as the “Pearl of the Lake”, it’s a must-visit with its charming streets and gardens.
- Boat Tours: Experience Lake Como from the water, offering the best views of the surrounding villas and towns.
Thinking of visiting Lake Como with kids? Check out our guide on the most family-friendly spots, where to stay, and how to make your trip unforgettable.
Read more: Lake Como with Kids
Florence – The Artistic Heart
Gorgeous art, cool bridges, and tall towers.
- Uffizi Gallery: See paintings by famous artists like Leonardo da Vinci.
- Ponte Vecchio: A cool bridge with lots of shops on it!
Naples & Pompeii – Pizza & Ruins
Where pizza began and a city frozen in time.
- Eat Pizza: Try a pizza in its birthplace. Margherita is a classic!
- Pompeii: Explore this ancient city that was covered by a volcano.
Italian Food – Delizioso!
- Gelato: Creamy and yummy ice cream with lots of flavors.
- Pasta: Spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli… so many types to try!
- Tiramisu: A sweet dessert made of coffee, cream, and cocoa.
- Cars: Brands like Ferrari and Lamborghini are Italian.
- Language: Italians speak… well, Italian! But each region has its own dialect.
- Boots and Kicks: Italy is shaped like a boot, and it’s famous for its stylish shoes!
Tips for Explorers
- Greetings: Say “Ciao” (Hello/Goodbye) or “Buongiorno” (Good morning).
- Money: Italy uses the Euro (€). Maybe buy a souvenir?
- Respect: In churches, wear clothes that cover your knees and shoulders.
Join our Facebook community
World Wild Schooling * Traveling to Italy with kids