Biobees (Pick Your Own Strawberries)
Some of the links might be affiliate links and, at no extra cost to you, we earn a small commission. See our disclaimer for more info.
Looking for a fun and delicious activity for the whole family? Look no further than Biobees, where you can have a blast picking your own mouthwatering strawberries! It’s an experience that kids absolutely love!
One of the great things about Biobees is that you don’t have to worry about the weather dampening your strawberry-picking adventure. They have covered areas where you can pick, so rain or shine, you’re good to go. Just make sure to wear your wellies, as it can get a bit muddy in the fields.
How It Works
Upon arrival, you’ll register and receive small boxes on site to harvest your strawberries. If you prefer, you can even bring your own boxes.
Once you’re equipped with your boxes, you’ll head into the covered fields and explore at your own pace. Take your time and carefully pick the ripest strawberries you can find. And don’t worry if you need more boxes, just head to the reception and they’ll be happy to provide you with extras.
When you’ve collected the amount of strawberries you want, it’s time to head to the checkout. There, you’ll pay for your harvest based on its weight. They’ve got everything you need, whether it’s bags or transport boxes, to make it convenient for you to take your strawberries home.
- Wear your wellies! It can get muddy.
- Not really stroller friendly, as the rows of strawberries are quite narrow, there have been people in the group that have said it was okayish with a stroller. It’s for a short time and it’s muddy, so it’s best to get a baby carrier.
- There’s about 10 to 15 parking places available at the farm.
- Open only on specific dates and times! Join their newsletter to get notified of the exact dates or our newsletter. This is always shared in our World Wild Schooling – Belgium group as well.
- For more information, visit their website at https://www.biobees.be/
Enjoy your berry-picking adventure!
Looking for more ideas in Belgium with kids? Our supportive community is here to help!
Join our Facebook group World Wild Schooling – Belgium
There are two locations, one in Ternat and one in Groot-Bijgaarden.
Single entrance via the Steenbakkerijweg intersection Emile De Blutslaan and Breedveld (next to Surgard). You park your car on the street and continue on foot.
More Strawberry Picking Places in Belgium
The following have been recommended in our Facebook group:
- Fraises Ittre, Rue des Châtaigniers, 1460 Ittre (about half an hour from Schuman, Brussels). See more details here.
- Ferme Framboos, Veeweidestraat 50, 3040 Sint-Agatha-Rode (about half an hour drive from Schuman, Brussels). See more details here.
Chalet du Laerbeek
What’s great is that your visit to Biobees can be part of a larger outing. Just a short distance away, you’ll find Chalet du Laerbeek, which boasts an awesome playground and a lovely terrace. And if you’re feeling adventurous, there’s also a forest nearby where you can take a pleasant stroll.
Read more: Chalet du Laerbeek
Lloyd Coffee Eatery Westland has an indoor and outdoor playground and is quite close to the area. Here are our most favorite kids-friendly cafés in Brussels and around with lots of practical tips to visit them.
Read more: Kid-Friendly Cafés in Brussels and around
Mayfair indoor playground is relatively close. Let’s take a look at the best indoor playgrounds in and around Brussels. Also you’ll find the best play areas for toddlers and preschoolers in a separate section at the end of the post.
Read more: Indoor Playgrounds in Brussels
Brussels with Kids
Here are the best things to do in Brussels with kids, where to stay and practical tips from a local!
Read more: Brussels with Kids
Join our Facebook community
World Wild Schooling * Traveling with kids
- Book your hotel at Booking.com
- Compare all airlines and find flights here
- Book airport pickup here
- Search for car rental deals here
- Book ferries here
All places mentioned above are also gathered on the map!
Indoor and outdoor activities, kids friendly cafés/ restaurants, hotels and more all under separate layers