Some of the links might be affiliate links and, at no extra cost to you, we earn a small commission. See our disclaimer for more info.
At Provincial Domain De Nekker, you can dive into a refreshing lake for a swim and enjoy a massive water playground! There are also playgrounds suitable for all ages, an indoor pool, an indoor playground, and plenty of other fun attractions to explore.
Swim in the Lake
Guess what? At Provincial Domain De Nekker, there’s a fantastic lake with a sandy beach where you can take a dip and enjoy a swim! Soak up the sun, build sandcastles, and make a splash in the refreshing waters. It’s the perfect spot to relax and have some beachy fun.
Splash at the Water Playground
Hold on tight because Provincial Domain De Nekker has a colossal water playground that’s an absolute blast for kids of all ages! Get ready to unleash your inner water adventurer as you slide, splash, and soak your way through an exciting array of water features. It’s a guaranteed recipe for endless fun and giggles!
You’re in for a treat at Provincial Domain De Nekker because they’ve got playgrounds tailored for every age group!
They’ve thoughtfully set up separate areas for toddlers and preschoolers to have a safe and enjoyable playtime, while older kids have their own designated space to unleash their energy and have a blast.
Playground for Younger Kids
This is the playground for younger kids with a couple of swings, small slides and a little boat.
At Provincial Domain De Nekker, there’s a sandpit playground too. Grab your buckets and shovels, and let your imagination run wild.
Playground for Older Kids
Calling all older kids and thrill-seekers! Provincial Domain De Nekker has something special just for you. Brace yourself for a climbing parcours that will put your skills to the test.
And that’s not all! Get ready to show off your skateboarding moves on the skateboard ramps. It’s the perfect place to challenge yourself and embrace your inner adventurer.
Provincial Domain De Nekker has an indoor playground as well. Dive into the ball pit, unleash your energy, and have a blast! Plus, when hunger strikes, you can refuel at the on-site restaurant. It’s the perfect combo for a day full of fun and deliciousness!
The indoor playground is much bigger than this picture of the toddler area. It is a vertical structure for older kids.
- Open every day but closed for 2 weeks during Christmas vacations
- De Nekker starts charging entrance in April and until 31st of August. Entrance is paid on Wednesday and weekend April to June and every day June to September. You can see the exact dates here
- You also need to have your ID with you to access De Nekker as of 12 years old between 01.04 and 31.08
- Also you need to book tickets in advance when the lakes are open for swimming (Wednesday and weekends in spring, every day as of June)
- You can book your tickets for the recreation areas here
- You can book your ticket for the indoor swimming pool here
- You can stay in huts also there
- They also provide stages, you can find more info here
- There is a frituur and a restaurant with an indoor playground
- Stroller friendly, wheelchair friendly
- Toilets available as in all provincial domains
- Parking: free outdoor parking at the main entrance
Just 25 minutes drive from Schuman, Brussels
De Nekker – Provinciaal Sport- en Recreatiecentrum
Nekkerspoel-Borcht 19, 2800 Mechelen
Best Provincial Domains near Brussels
Read on for the best provincial domains within half an hour from Brussels and practical tips on how to visit to make the most out of it
De Nekker is one of the best provincial domains near Brussels. Here are the ones within half an hour from Brussels.
Read more: Best Provincial Domains near Brussels
Brussels with Kids
Here are the best things to do in Brussels with kids, where to stay and practical tips to make the most out of your family visit.
Read more: Brussels with Kids
Travel Planning Resources
Jo Koni (Georgia Konidari) is a writer and the creator of World Wild Schooling, a digital platform dedicated to travel. She is on a mission to explore the globe and share her experiences with fellow travelers. You can follow Jo on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube.