Ready to explore a country with endless forests, colorful cottages, and yummy cinnamon buns? Time to embark on an adventure to Sweden! 🇸🇪 Dive into this Scandinavian wonderland with us!
Stockholm – City on Islands
Stockholm is Sweden’s capital, and guess what? It’s built on 14 islands!
- Vasa Museum: Marvel at a huge ship from the 1600s that was underwater for 333 years.
- Skansen: An open-air museum and zoo where you can see old Swedish houses and cool animals.
- Gamla Stan: Walk around in the old part of the city with narrow cobbled streets.
Gothenburg – Coastal Fun
Gothenburg is Sweden’s second-largest city with harbors and tasty fish!
- Liseberg: Scandinavia’s largest amusement park with thrilling rides.
- Archipelago Tours: Take a boat and explore small islands.
- Universeum: A big science center with rainforests, aquariums, and more.
Swedish Delights to Taste
Time to munch and sip!
- Cinnamon Buns: Sweet and spicy, these are perfect with milk or juice.
- Meatballs: Usually served with lingonberry jam and potatoes.
- Blueberry Soup: Warm and sweet, perfect for colder days.
- Language: The main language is Swedish. “Hello” is “Hej” and “Thank you” is “Tack”.
- Midsummer: A fun festival in June where everyone dances around a big flower-covered pole.
- Dalahorse: A famous wooden horse painted in bright colors, often red.
Kiruna – Land of Snow and Lights
Up in the north, Kiruna offers chilly adventures!
- Icehotel: A hotel made entirely of ice. Even the beds!
- Northern Lights: If you’re lucky, you might see this magical light show in the sky.
Sweden’s Green and Blue Beauty
- Abisko National Park: Lakes, mountains, and sometimes the Northern Lights.
- Drottningholm Palace: Just outside Stockholm, a royal palace with lovely gardens.
Tips for Little Travelers
- Weather: Can be chilly, especially up north. Bundle up!
- Daylight: Just like in Norway, parts of Sweden get lots of sunlight in summer and very little in winter.
- Friendly Folks: Swedish people might seem a bit shy at first, but they’re super friendly and helpful.
From sailing through the towering fjords of New Zealand to basking in the tropical paradise of the Virgin Islands, these maritime adventures will give you some of the best views without the high price tag of a cruise ship.